Sharing is caring

In 2008 I started this blog with two goals:
  • 1) Inspire people to grab their mats and break out of ruts through a regular yoga practice
    • 1a. Connect with creative yoga people in Portland
  • 2) Document my journey from a burnt creative to a happier, more productive creative
    • 2b. Share wellness topics such as healthy eating and exercise regimes
    Initially I admit I thought it might be easy to maintain a blog, but now with over 2 years under my belt I have experienced how much work maintaining a blog actually is. Consistently generating relevant content is the toughest challenge for me. Despite my struggle to be efficiently prolific, blogging is rewarding and has helped me attain my goals.

    With this in mind, I want to share with you some of my favorite blogs in no particular order. When I am struggling to come up with material, I can count on the following blogs to inspire me.

    Leo Babauta's Zen Habits. Self-explanatory.

    Mark McGuinness' Lateral Action. All about creative entrepreneurship. Check out his Creative Rock Star series.

    Tim Ferris, Author of The 4-Hour Work Week and The 4-Hour Body. Case Studies in creation of what he calls a muse, a low-maintenance cash flow business.

    Get Rich Slowly. Multi-authored blog about personal finance. Oh look, here's an entry about blogging!

    Boingboing is where I read about current events. Telling, isn't it?

    Sean Bronner is a smart social media software designer writer guy who contributes to BoingBoing.

    Nubby Twiglet is an adorable local graphic designer whose entries range from photo essays of her outfits, vacations with her jet-set fashionista pal fellow blogger extraordinaire Gala Darling, to cool typography. Love both of 'em!

    John Patrick's beautiful dude-blog The Selvedge Yard features well-researched photo collections and engaging copy. Similar aesthetic sensibility to Austin gentlemen's style purveyor, Stag.

    Speaking of yoga, I LOVE Iyengar instructor Eve Johnson's blog. She has really great tips on alignment!

    When I need a jolt of graphic design inspiration I check out Inspiredology.

    Happy reading dear creative yoga-loving readers.

    xo Fawn