Inspiration

For my Street Yoga volunteer application I was required to list how many yoga classes I've taught. It was an interesting look back on all the students, locations, and experiences.

In Mark Nepo's Book of Awakening, he says:
To journey without being changed is to be a nomad.
To change without journeying is to be a chameleon.
To journey and to be transformed by the journey is to be a pilgrim.
My journey has lead me to the path of a teacher, and I am proud to say that I have been and continue to be transformed by the experience. I have never given so much of my authentic self in any position, and no other job has ever been so rewarding.

Fellow libran Eleanor Roosevelt wrote:
There is no more liberating, no more exhilarating experience than to determine one's position, state it bravely and then act boldly.
The weeks before my birthday I prepped myself for a new year by taking counsel, getting my tarot read, having an astrological chart drawn, receiving a deep tissue massage, and redesigning my home. In my classes we discussed the transition from summer to fall, and how to stay grounded in the present. I lead my first Street Yoga class and saw yoga in a new perspective.

The birthday has passed. The journey continues.

Love,
Fawn