Therapeutic Thursday

As an extrovert, catching up with friends rejuvenates me. To hear what other people are doing with their time gives me perspective and reminds me that life is much more expansive than my problems.

Acupuncture. I hated it the first couple of times and decided to give it another try yesterday at at the relatively new Montavilla Acupuncture. It instantly relieved a tiny little ache in my jaw I was unsuccessfully ignoring and improved my circulation tremendously, so I was warm even while waiting for the bus in the rain. Apparently this is the kind of experience people talk about when they enthusiastically recommend acupuncture, and all I can say is that it totally depends on the practitioner.

A hot bath. Magical.

Puppies. Portland has lots of rescue places and my favorite is the no kill shelter Family Dogs New Life. I sometimes walk a dog, but just looking at the photo shoots on their site makes me giggle.

A bite of cheese. My favorite indulgence lately is Cabot Creamery's Vintage Choice Extra Sharp Cheddar. It doubles as a cure for homesickness...aahh, Vermont. I'll be with you in August...
What is therapeutic for you?
xo,
Fawn
Oh yes, please check my summer schedule for upcoming classes!