Dreams, desires

Therapeutic Thursday-- visualize your desires!

Write down your answers to the following questions:

What does your dream job feel like? sound like? look like? Are there other people around or are you solo? can you hear the buzz of machines or birds? Are you sitting, standing, being active? Are you outdoors? How will you compensated? in trade, gold bullion, or cold hard cash?

What is a healthy lifestyle? What does health feel like in your body? What does a healthy environment look like? and how does it sound? How does a healthy lifestyle smell and taste?

After you've written down your answers, draw pictures or tear images out of a magazine that represent your ideal lifestyle and paste them into a journal or pin them up on the wall. Clear visualization will help you to manifest your desires. You might be surprised by how much easier it is to visually describe your ideal world than it is to articulate it verbally. I write lists like this once or twice a year, and find Sonia Choquette's book Your Heart's Desire a useful guide.

It took me years of trial and error to find a job I love as much as teaching yoga. In the past I have mistreated my body by making unhealthy lifestyle choices, I've moved around and lived in several different cities, I've tried vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free eating, and I have held many diverse job titles. For me experimentation is what it took to find my true heart's desire.

The image of me in Maui above represents a lifestyle I consider ideal: warm saltwater, soft sand, sun, fresh fruit and vegetables, a relaxed pace.

I'd love to see and read about some of your dreams and desires!

Love and yoga,
Fawn