Therapeutic Thursday

Allow me to introduce Therapeutic Thursday: sweet harmonies, inspirational quotes, and other soul-soothing miscellany.

I just finished Broken Open by Elizabeth Lesser, co-founder of Omega Institute, who uses her own personal story and the stories of others as examples of going through what she calls the "Phoenix Process". She used a lot of fantastic quotes throughout the book to illustrate each chapter. Here are a few favorites:

"Drum sounds rise on the air, and with them, my heart. A voice inside the beat says, I know you are tired, but come. This is the way." -Rumi

"The last of the human freedoms is to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances." -Victor Frankl

"In the difficult are the friendly forces, the hands that work on us." -Rainer Maria Rilke

The International League of Conservation Photographers created a top 40 nature photos flickr set via treehugger.

And this P Ramlee video just made my day via boing boing.



xo,

Fawn